[PD-dev] rewire

smoerk smoerk at gmx.de
Wed Jan 29 13:52:10 CET 2003

Thomas Grill wrote:

>2) i would be nice to support Rewire, wouldn't it? I just realized that
>version 2.0 also supports MIDI, but apparently Propellerheads won't give a
>license to non-commercial projects.... does anyone know more of that?

the website says: "Due to the legal aspects of the agreement you need to
have a proper, registered company in order to qualify as a ReWire
developer. We do not allow private persons, schools, or companies in
other types of businesses, to become licensors."

only chance is that some company writes a commercial rewire plugin for
pd or you make your own implementation of rewire. but maybe it's easier
to write a vst plugin which connects two audio applications or a vst
enabled application and pd.

there is an older article about rewire and vst in "sound on sound":
http://www.sospubs.co.uk/sos/nov99/articles/rewire.htm