[PD-dev] [GEM] some code questions

vanDongen-Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 1 13:34:30 CET 2003

Hi all,

1) Optimalisation:
In  gem-0.87, on linux, the makefiles in src subdirectories redefines the
CXXFLAGS variable, instead of adding flags to it.
Also there seems to be no optimalization flags set at all, unless this is -
fPIC, but I can't find PIC defined anywhere. So I had to add these flags by
hand to every makefile, not just to the toplevel one or as an environment
variable.

2)Some of the geo's (f.i. polygon) have a maximum of 10 points. This limit
is hardcoded. Is this an openGL limit or a GEM limit. Changing the GEM code
to a larger maximum isn't so difficult, but the nicer solution would be to
allow dynamic adding of vertices. Would that be theoretically possible? (it
would probably be a new object)

Gerard