[PD-dev] Could someone help me debug a simple external?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Feb 1 16:01:37 CET 2003

Hallo,

I despair. I keep getting a crash in Pd, if I try to delete any
instance of a simple external I wrote. The code with makefile for
Linux is at http://footils.org/pkg/fehler.tgz (7206 B.), it uses only
flext. The external is actually quite simple, currently the
functionality is equivalent to phasor~.

It runs okay and produces the desired result, but as soon as I delete
the object, Pd segfaults - be it with dsp on or off. I suspect that it
is caused by a simple, probably embarrassing error on my side (as
usual with my early external attempts). But I just don't see it, as
hard as I look for it. So if a kind second pair of eyes might take a
look at it?

ciao