[PD-dev] [GEM] Fwd: [PD] Video input on PD for Windows?

Daniel Heckenberg daniel at bogusfront.org
Tue Feb 4 00:47:02 CET 2003

On 4/2/03 10:18 AM, "chris clepper" <cclepper at artic.edu> wrote:

> This post reminded me to ask: who is working on the windows version
> of GEM?  I see Daniel Heckenberg's name list as a developer, and seem
> to recall he was writing some windows stuff as well.  I would like to
> run it on a win2k box here but still need a compiler.  Guenter
> mentioned making a gcc version for windows, should that be something
> rolled into CVS if it works?

Yup - I have rewritten pix_video for windows a couple of times, one version
using VFW and the other using DirectShow (which unfortunately requires a
recent version of the DirectX SDK to compile).

I should definitely contribute this to CVS.

It will take me a little while to get up to speed with the CVS version of
GEM but I'll try to do that and get a windows compiled version out for those
users who've been requesting it.

Perhaps I should also build some free-standing externals for video input
under windows that can work with the binary GEM-0.87 release?

Daniel