[PD-dev] [GEM] some code questions

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Tue Feb 4 01:32:53 CET 2003

vanDongen-Gilcher wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 1) Optimalisation:
> In  gem-0.87, on linux, the makefiles in src subdirectories redefines the
> CXXFLAGS variable, instead of adding flags to it.
> Also there seems to be no optimalization flags set at all, unless this is -
> fPIC, but I can't find PIC defined anywhere. So I had to add these flags by
> hand to every makefile, not just to the toplevel one or as an environment
> variable.

i have changed this in the CVS now.
CXXFLAGS will not be used directly, instead it is added to a $(cxxflags)
variable.
So you can use better tailor your make

Anyhow, i don't know why there are now optimizations
i have added "-O3 -funroll-loops -ffast-math" for now.
Maybe this will break something, then we can turn it off again

mfg.jzu.caw
IOhannes