[PD-dev] [GEM] some code questions

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Tue Feb 4 01:38:17 CET 2003

chris clepper wrote:
> problem would more likely arise from representing and handling large,
> dynamic data sets in pd without using something like an array.  Maybe a
> vertex array object that uses a pd array for data is an option.

yes, but i think that pd's arrays are not ideal for this, because of
low-dimensionality.
i really do not like the way [linear_path] et al handle this. It doesn't
  allow you to interact with the data (like drawing in an array)
Maybe we should extend pd's capabilities to arrays before ?
(i'm not sure, whether the [matrix]-approach of zexy is much better: you
cannot interact with the data, but at least it is ordered somehow
meaningful. but it would be nice to have a real multi-dimensional
structure for numbers)

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes