[PD-dev] signal wrapping

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Mon Feb 17 15:07:15 CET 2003

hi,

in a number of cyclone classes I need to wrap signal values in
order to keep them inside of some range.  There are several ways
to do that. I tried calling fmod(), truncating via (int) cast, and
directly masking of the exponent ala 'tabfudge' from d_osc.c.

Currently, in the testing phase, the three methods are the three
modes of the 'phasewrap' class.

Generally, the 'tabfudge' method gives a huge performance boost,
but I wonder if there is any common knowledge regarding hidden
dangers of this algo, like its behaviour with denormal input,
etc?  Is there any way to handle input values greater than 2^19?

I would be very grateful for any pointers, also concerning
fmod()-to-cast comparison.

Krzysztof