[PD-dev] resizing

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Wed Feb 19 10:33:20 CET 2003

hi all,

as I am going to enable resizing-by-dragging of cyclone's ui
objects, I wonder if there are any examples of how it could be
done, or if anybody has any suggestions.

It seems like there is no way, by means of the current Pd API
alone, for an external to be notified about its part,
a resize-handle. being clicked at in edit mode.

Miller, perhaps you have plans to include this feature in a future
version?

If not, I would try directly binding this info out from the tk
layer (it is going to be nasty).

I would rather not create a proxy 'handle' object (a separate gobj
inserted into a glist), in the fear of corrupting the ordering of
objects during save/load and copy/paste.

Currently the only two ui classes are Scope~ and comment.
I fancy having them as complete as possible in the early stage,
though.

Krzysztof

btw, being notified about the mouse-up would be handy too...