[PD-dev] resizing

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Feb 19 14:50:38 CET 2003

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Krzysztof Czaja wrote:

> hi pix,
>
> well, that is easy to do in run-mode!
>
> my question was about doing it right, i.e. in edit-mode.
>
> Krzysztof

well, there is no correct way to do it in edit mode :(
So either,
1) Filter the events in tk.
This seems to be an ugly hack, but the advantage you have is that it
works will Millers pd version. You could implement an event handler
in your library directly then.

2) Change the code of the event handler in edit mode within pd and put the
changes in the CVS version.
Then the externals stop working with the official version :(

2a) Do the same on the official version and send Miller the patch and
wait until it gets integrated.

3) Wait until Miller implements an interface to handle edit mode  events.

In general I think it is not hard to do from a development point of view.

Greetings,
Guenter