[PD-dev] resizing

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Wed Feb 19 16:28:15 CET 2003

thanks guenter!

guenter geiger wrote:
 > 1) Filter the events in tk.
 > This seems to be an ugly hack, but the advantage you have is that it
 > works will Millers pd version. You could implement an event handler
 > in your library directly then.

yes, this is what I did in MouseState/mousefilter, and in the
Scope~'s current version (to some extent).  The tricky part is how
to do it with a minimal overhead (avoiding duplication of the
tk<->pd event stream).

 > 2) Change the code of the event handler in edit mode within pd and put the
 > changes in the CVS version.
 > Then the externals stop working with the official version :(
 >
 > 2a) Do the same on the official version and send Miller the patch and
 > wait until it gets integrated.

I do not like to mess in the Miller's code.  I do not think it
should be done without a clear view of an overall picture of what
is going to happen in future releases, etc.  Or, to put it
differently, I do not feel like having the skills.

 > 3) Wait until Miller implements an interface to handle edit mode  events.

want them now...

 > In general I think it is not hard to do from a development point of view.

right.. needs some thinking about backwards compatibility, though

thanks again,
Krzysztof