[PD-dev] CVS addition: -helppath

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Thu Feb 20 17:39:56 CET 2003

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Adam Lindsay hat gesagt: // Adam Lindsay wrote:
>
> > Having gone for a full 12 hours without feedback (and having slept on
> > it), I checked in the below-mentioned changes to devel_0_36. It touches
> > g_editor, s_main, s_path, and m_pd.h. Testing and feedback welcomed.
>
> I won't be able to test it until next tuesday or thursday.
>
> (I have mixed feelings with changes to m_pd.h in general, though,
> because that's a "system header")

mhm, do we really need this in m_pd.h ?
Having it there means that externals should be able to add
a new helppath, and it will become part of the pd external
interface. I think it does not need to be.
If you need the declarations in different files within pd
Either

1) Put it in m_imp.h
2) Put a declaration on top of the file where you use the function.

Sorry about my ignorance, but isn't the help path relative to the
pd installation path ? Isn't the installation path the path that
should be changeable during runtime (together with the default externals
path "extra" and the bin directory) ?

I might be wrong, have to check before complaining actually ...

Greetings,

Guenter