[PD-dev] CVS addition: -helppath

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Feb 20 18:58:25 CET 2003

Hallo,
Adam Lindsay hat gesagt: // Adam Lindsay wrote:
> If I want to, for example, add pddp help patches without overwriting the
> original pd help patches, I can put them in another directory, and then
> add that directory as another line in my .pdrc. I personally would use
> these -path and -helppath directives to keep the pd installation "clean"
> and then point to other directories for externals and their help patches.

I know of some externals, for example iemlib, that already put their
help-files into subdirectories. iemlib for exampls looks in
doc/5.reference/iemhelp/

In the source, this is achieved by setting the path relative to the
default help path:

    class_sethelpsymbol(t3_delay_class, gensym("iemhelp/help-t3_delay"));

I did this, too, once.

ciao