[PD-dev] standard file locations

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Feb 20 21:44:41 CET 2003

On Thursday, Feb 20, 2003, at 13:14 America/New_York, Tom Schouten
wrote:

> On Thursday 20 February 2003 17:45, guenter geiger wrote:
>> There is, at least under linux a default path where pd searches
>> for externals/abstractions (its installation dir/extra)
>>
>> Thats at least where I made the linux makefile install the externals,
>> so that users do not have to use the -path option.
>>

> great, thanks guenter.
>
> any thoughts on a standard place to put libraries?
>
> tom

Why not put them in the standard unix spot for them?  pd does, i.e.
m_pd.h is installed into /usr/local/include.  Are there pdp libs that
aren't .pd_{platform} files, like libpdp.a or libpdp.so?  If so, those
could go into the standard unix spot too, /usr/local/lib.