[PD-dev] [GEM] CVS-changes

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Mon Feb 24 19:11:04 CET 2003

hi. jsut some comments (although i have commented it in the cvs-logs)...

1. TV is gone (now in pix)
2. a wee change in the imageStruct-class: reallocate() only allocates
memory if the old buffer is too small.
3. [pix_tIIR]: another time-domain filter for images.
is alike [pix_biquad] (but faster) and [pix_blur] (but more flexible).
You can give 2 arguments: the number of feedback-taps and the number of
feedforward-taps (in this order).
No yuv-optimization is made (because of genericity).
A test:
[pix_blur] takes (on my machine) between 16% and 26% (mean: ~20%)
[pix_tIIR 1 0] takes approx. 24% to 28%.

an ignorant question: how can i make use of loop-unrolling of the
compiler ? (how do i have to built the loops? my experiments showed
rather worse results when i did large loops (which could have been
unrolled by the compiler))

4. what else ?
cannot remember.

mfg.asd.r