[PD-dev] [GEM] CVS-changes

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Tue Feb 25 10:34:24 CET 2003

chris clepper wrote:
>> and another two changes:
>>
>> 1. [alpha]
>> now you can set the blending-function
>> 0..GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA that's the (old) default
>> 1..GL_ONE (as would be enabled by the "blend" message to various objects.
>

> perhaps we should add some of the other options for glBlend and allow
> both the source and destination to be changed.

yes definitely.
it was just done very quickly.

>> 2. [polygon_smooth]
>> enables polygon smoothing
>>

> the only difference i found is that [polygon_smooth] sets blending for
> the entire render chain it's attached to while the "blend" method would
> actually work on individual objects in the same chain.  it's probably
> not a big deal, and maybe not even a big feature to warrant keeping
> "blend".  it's definitely easier to do the [polygon_smooth] rather than
> add glBlend to each Geo.

it enables aa'ing for everything that comes below the [polygon_smoothing].
Maybe we should just add a another state that disables aa'ing:
suggestion:
1 .. enable smoothing
0 .. disbale smoothing
-1 .. leave unchanged

>> i think [polygon_smooth] is a bad name. but which one would be better ?
> still no suggestions for the name...  maybe wrapping [alpha], [color]
well, yes it is not that bad. (at least better than [pix_a_2grey])

> and [polygon_smooth] up in an abstraction called [geo_blend] would be
> something to try?
;-)

mfg.ads.r
IOhannes