[PD-dev] [GEM] CVS-changes

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Tue Feb 25 10:39:34 CET 2003

chris clepper wrote:
> someone brought up the issue of using float vs int arguments to the pix_
> objects, but i can't find the mail right now.
that was me. i think it was in a personal email to you.

> be used.  the exact RGB or YUV integer value in certain objects is much
> more precise than using a float
true

 > and it saves conversions.
well, i guess one conversion per processing a whole picture (or better:
one conversion when setting a value) is not that bad.

> an object like [pix_offset] should use integer arguments rather than
> floats for example.
int is surely the "right" way. but i though it more convenient to use
floats (0..1) which "maps" automagically to ints when using negative
numbers (-1 .. -255). But of course, that's not correct in mathematical
terms....

and then we have all these compatibility issues with old patches...

mfg.ads.r
IOhannes