[PD-dev] GemLibs, model loading et al.

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Fri Feb 28 12:17:48 CET 2003

Hi,

It allstarted with trying to fix a bug in the model loader, which just
exits when it can not find the datafile.

For this I moved/renamed glm.c from GemLibs to the Geos folder and
changed it there, in turn I did the same for particle (moving the files
from the libraries and including them into GEM).

I think these files could be included directly in the GEM release,
as these are not "real" libraries, lets say in comparison to
libquicktime, etc.

At the same time they have stayed the same for a long time, so we
probably will not need to update them.

The advantage is that it makes the building easier and more consistent.

I think the same could be donw for the darwinStuff that is in the GemLibs.

But before doing any changes there, I would like to hear your opinions
about it.

The key point is, if we can await new releases of these files/libraries.
Integrating them into GEM directly would make an update to a new release
a bit harder.

Greetings,

Guenter