[PD-dev] file releases on sourceforge

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Feb 28 16:24:59 CET 2003

On Friday, Feb 28, 2003, at 04:29 America/New_York, Frank Barknecht
wrote:

> Hi,
> Hans-Christoph Steiner schrieb:
>> I was thinking of putting up some binary releases up on the
>> SourceForge
>> Files section.  Anyone have any objections?  I know a bunch of people
>> who are interested in learning pd but are definitely not the type to
>> download and compile things for themselves.  It would be nice to have
>> central location to point people at for all of the various binaries,
>> like RPMs, MacOS X packages, Win32 package/zip.
>
> I don't have any objections. I'd like it. Did you check out the SF
> build-farm? Maybe we could automate some binary building...

To start, I'll just put up some existing binaries, just to get the ball
rolling.  But the build-farm is definitely a good idea, but I don't
have the time just yet to look too deeply into it.

But first, one of the pure-data.sf.net needs to grant me access to the
Add/Edit Releases section so I can start doing this.