[PD-dev] GemLibs, model loading et al.

Me tigital at mac.com
Fri Feb 28 16:29:42 CET 2003

On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 06:17  AM, guenter geiger wrote:
> For this I moved/renamed glm.c from GemLibs to the Geos folder and
> changed it there, in turn I did the same for particle (moving the files
> from the libraries and including them into GEM).
>
> I think these files could be included directly in the GEM release,
> as these are not "real" libraries, lets say in comparison to
> libquicktime, etc.
>
> At the same time they have stayed the same for a long time, so we
> probably will not need to update them.
>
> The advantage is that it makes the building easier and more consistent.
>
> I think the same could be donw for the darwinStuff that is in the
> GemLibs.
>
> But before doing any changes there, I would like to hear your opinions
> about it.

...confession time:  on OSX, GLM and the particles lib are already
compiled directly into the program, although they haven't been moved
into the Gem/src/whatever tree, they are still in their GemLib
directory's.

...this was done because I had a hard time last year when first trying
to get them to link, and could only get the whole thing to compile/link
by including them...I know lots more about library linking and such
now, so it could probably change back, but it seems ok to leave it...

l8r,
jamie