[PD-dev] [GEM] pix_convolve

chris clepper cclepper at artic.edu
Sat Mar 1 21:15:05 CET 2003

>I thought I had written a specific 3x3 function and changed pix_convolve
>to integer. Had thought this got into to CVS :(

You did!!  but it's part of the #ifdef MMX so i didn't want to mess
with it and risk breaking something.   is there actually any MMX code
in pix_convolve?  the MMULT() used is defined immediately before
processImage() as (a*b>>8), which doesn't look like MMX.  should the
MMX ifdef be removed?  have you checked out the way i've done the
altivec code for some of the other pix_?  maybe implement MMX in the
same way...

>Anyhow, you will definitely gain a lot with these optimizations.

yep,  night and day.  i'm going to write a yuv version of your 3x3
and hopefully get that and the rgb one altivec'd this weekend.

cgc