[PD-dev] sf bug tracking

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Tue Mar 4 10:50:19 CET 2003

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Since the topic came up, I thought I'd get the ball rolling.  We need
> to figure out a few things in order to set up the SourceForge bug
> tracking.
>
> Here are the menus that need to be set up for the Bug Tracker:
>
> Categories
> 	Add categories like each directory in the base of the CVS:
> 		Framestein, abstractions, doc, externals, gem, htdocs, pd,
> xgui,(more?)
>
> Group
> 	Add groups like, 'v0.36','extended','unsupported',','unverified', etc

Good initiative. I must admit that I do not really get the group entry.
(In my mind group and category are somewhat synonymous).

I suggest therefore that we do not add groups, but only decide on the
categories.

There is already a category "zexy", so we really might setup the
categories in a way that the bug reports are directed to the original
authors mainly. This means we will have lots of categories, which makes
it more confusing to report bugs.

I think the categories you suggested are ok. (gem will be removed)

htdocs
framestein
externals
abstractions
doc
pd

Maybe we can use the group entry to further specify the external category:

any
zexy
flext
ggee
maxlib ...

> Canned Response
> 	generic response messages for the tracker

Yes, something like "Thank  you for reporting a bug . blah blah ...."

> Users for BugTracker
> 	i.e. people who can have bugs assigned to them (everyone?)

Yes, I think so. If anyone does not want to receive bugs, tell so.
We could even think of sending them to the pd-dev list, but I think
a lot of users are subscribed so it could generate unwanted additional
traffic.

You are free to set this up, if it doesn't work out, we change it.
Additionally we have to update the web site for CVS and document
how to report a bug etc.

Guenter