[PD-dev] Re: [PD] windows binaries / cvs

Daniel Heckenberg daniel at bogusfront.org
Sun Mar 9 12:46:23 CET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "guenter geiger" <geiger at xdv.org>
> On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Daniel Heckenberg wrote:
> > I've just worked through many of the externals and gotten most to
build...
> > some of the others are going to be a bit challenging to get going under
> > windows.
> >
> > A couple of questions:
> > 1) why are there c files in the externals/build/win directory but not in
the
> > the other externals/build/platform directory?
>
> I hope you used the ones in externals/build/src ..

I've just committed a new makefile which works in a similar way to the linux
make system... and generates local copies of the externals/build/src "link"
files.

> > 2) many externals seem to have setup functions that don't match their
> > filenames... particularly the ext13 tilde externals. (e.g. send13~) why
is
> > this?  how does PD correctly load the setup function?
>
> This should be changed in the externals. For the time being I have
> wrapped this (see externals/build/src/send13~.c)

I've added a few more setup redirections for externals in
externals/build/src

> > > I think for the future we should come up with some guidelines how
> > > to write externals, so that they fit into this framework.
> >
> > Yup.  I'll post a list of things I've had to fix in externals to get
them to
> > build with the hope that people can write new code with these things in
> > mind.
>
> Yes, good, we have to put  thes things on the web page too ...

I'll post these in a separate message.

> > Has anyone managed to compile PD itself with mingw?
>
> Yes, I have compiled it, but it does not run :(
> No time to go on with that currently...

Ahhh.  Okay.  I don't have a lot of time to lavish on this stuff, but it
would certainly be great to have a build environment for windows that is
both free/open and similar to the unix build environments of the other
platforms.

Daniel