[PD-dev] recent CVS commits for win32 compilability

Daniel Heckenberg daniel at bogusfront.org
Sun Mar 9 13:00:08 CET 2003

Hi all,

I've just committed some changes to the CVS repository with the object of
getting as many externals as possible to build and run under Windows.
Apologies if I've broken anyone's code - I've tried to be as conservative as
possible about changes... to the point of #ifdef delimiting some changes
which probably should be made to the code for all platforms.

There are a few issues which have popped up in many objects so I'll
summarise the issues here:

[setup function naming]
Consistent filename and _setup function naming keeps PD and automatic build
systems happy.

[signed/unsigned comparions]
A long bugbear of C, I know... but keep your compiler happy, and mine by
trying to keep comparisons correct and consistent.

[array declarations]
A number of the objects in the cxc collection declare automatic array
variables with sizes that are non-constant.  I'm not sure of the ANSI
correctness of this, but Visual c++ sure doesn't like it.

There are many objects which will require more careful porting... I've only
dealt with the trivial compile issues so far.

Daniel