[PD-dev] jack connect startup option

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 13 22:37:05 CET 2003

Hallo,

I sometimes have problems starting complex patches on Linux with Jack
without killing or time-outing the jack daemon. This gets worse, when
trying to run with 4 in- and outchannels. I looked into the source
(cvs), and currently Pd tries to connect all ports immediatly.

I'd prefer, if that was configurable, like, for example having a startup
option "-(no)jackconnect". What do you think?

As a workaround, I added a "return 0" at the top of the jack_connect
function in s_linux.c and connect by hand/script.

ciao