[PD-dev] shell scripting in an install

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Mar 14 23:20:41 CET 2003

On Thursday, Mar 13, 2003, at 04:58 America/New_York, Adam Lindsay
wrote:

> What occurred to me after release is checking for the existence of "-
> helppath" in the .pdrc, so that I don't continually append with each
> upgrade. Duh. (Plus, one thing that I caught before release is that I
> mixed up the "Externals" and "Help" directories, below.

If you are going to check for the existence of one tag, you might as
well check the others too, like -cordcolor, -guishadow, -rt, etc.
Another thing which might be helpful is including -listdev in every
.pdrc so that it would be super easy to tell people how to look up
their devices, for troubleshooting MIDI setup for example.