[PD-dev] download links on the website

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Mar 15 00:10:41 CET 2003

I started out just making the pages fully standards compliant, but I
got a little carried away, so I made a couple of other changes which I
hope everyone likes.  If not we can always role back to previous
versions, thanks to the glory of CVS.

1. I broke of the menu, quote, and webring into 'include' files so they
exist in only one file.  I also added a 'Last Modified' tag at the
bottom of the pages.  These are included using PHP:

<?php include('menu.inc'); ?>

I am no PHP star, so that's all the PHP I used, to keep it
understandable without having to learn PHP.  But this does require
changing the file endings from .html to .php.  And the big bummer,
setting up your emacs modes to work properly.

2. I created a Mailing Lists page

3. I added two links on the sidebar: Mailing Lists and Project Page

4. Its fully validated as HTML 4.01 Transitional
(http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fpure-
data.sourceforge.net%2F&doctype=%28detect+automatically%29&charset=iso-
8859-1+%28Western+Europe%29)

I didn't check my email until just now, so I did realize there was this