[PD-dev] AppleScript to make PD double-clicker

Josh Steiner joschi at eds.org
Wed Mar 19 00:28:12 CET 2003

this will relate to something i've been meaning to look into... i have a
.bat file on my windows box that i use to launch pd... and i associated
fiules of type .pd to this batch file... so i can double click a random
patch and pd will load it... so far so good... the only problem is that
the second time i do that, it launches a second instance of pd...
combine this with the *really bad* bug with either port audio, pd or my
ASIO driver where when i launch 2 instances of PD who try to both grab
the ASIO driver it pegs my CPU to 100% ... does anyone know if there is
a way to make PD open a patch in an *existing* instance of pd instead of
running a new one?

-Josh