[PD-dev] putting the docs on pure-data.org

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Fri Mar 28 18:59:57 CET 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I figure a good first step to making pure-data.org the central spot for
> all Pd info would be to put a copy of the docs up there.  Plus this fits
> in with other things I want to do with the docs: clean up the HTML so that
> it passes http://validator.w3.org as standard HTML; and fixing the
> list of typos, spelling errors, etc. that a collegue of mine has compiled.
>
> Any objections/suggestions?  How would I get access to upload/modify the
> site?

I think that this is a good idea.

There is a link for the manual (which gets it directly from CVS)
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/pure-data/pd/doc/1.manual/index.htm?rev=HEAD>

If you change this  in CVS this will be reflected. We can put the link
the above link into the pure-data.sf.net pages.

Generally I do not know if the solution with the "upload" script is
really good, it was just the first one that came to my mind.

.. mhm, not sure if this answers any questions .

Greetings,

Guenter