[PD-dev] trouble with my first external

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Apr 13 03:41:21 CEST 2003

I am in the process of writing an external I am calling [rawmouse] which
outputs the raw data from the Linux input event interface to fixed
axes.  I started with J. Sarlo's joystick.c but since the Linux joystick
interface is quite a bit different than the input event interface, the
code has changed quite a bit.

So I've gotten the object to compile and load with the proper amounts of
inlets and outlets.  Plus the event interface is opened, and the buttons
and axes properly detected in rawmouse_new.  I tested my while{} loop that
gets events from /dev/input/event0 in a standalone file, and that
worked. But rawmouse_read doesn't seem to get called (I stuck a post(); in
there and it never outputs), therefore no data is output on the outlets.

Any suggestions would be most helpful.

.hc

	zen
	   \