[PD-dev] Gem

David Sabine dave at davesabine.com
Sun Apr 13 13:37:33 CEST 2003

Hello all,

The Gem.dll modified on March 13, 2003 that I downloaded from CVS repository
(tonight) may have an error.

I downloaded the win32 (Gem) zip file (just tonight April 13, 2003) and
copied the Gem files to my pd folders.  I then opened pd with gem as per the
command line below:
c:\pd\bin\pd.exe -verbose -path c:\pd\gem;c:\pd\extra -lib Gem;pix_video_ds
-noadc -nomidi

and received the following error:

"pd.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point ?setModified at GemBase@@IAEXXZ could not be located
in the dynamic link library gem.dll."

(This error appeared in a Windows Alert popup [or what appeared to be a
windows 2000 box which is odd because I'm running WinXP])

Now when I open any patch which includes a gemlist, I get the error again
and again (once for each gemhead in the canvas).

I thought I should warn everyone.

Regards,
Dave Sabine