[PD-dev] network sockets (and Pd)

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Wed Apr 16 21:32:40 CEST 2003

Hi Pd-devs,

I have one problem with my flashserver external. It uses the
sys_addpollfn() and friends from m_imp.h. Everything works fine with
Flash clients connecting & disconnecting or even crashing!

But whenever a client gets lost because the network connection gets
interrupted (unplugged cable for example) flashserver does not recognise
this. Neither does Pd notify flashserver nor does send() return an error
(because data seems to be written in a buffer _succesfully_).
Is there any way to figure out if send() is really sending or just
copying data into that buffer in the hope of getting rid of it later?
I have tried select() but it always returns that the socket is
writeable....

any help very appreciated since web connections seem to disconnect quite
often which hangs Pd at the moment...

Olaf