[PD-dev] network sockets (and Pd)

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Mon Apr 21 10:32:04 CEST 2003

Hi again,

it works now on Windows: after a while (when the send buffer is full) send()
returns 0 and flashserver closes the socket.

However, on Linux flashserver seems to call sys_exithandler() from s_inter.c.
It then prints "Pd: signal 13" to the console window and Pd closes. I added
"sigaction(SIGPIPE, &sa, (struct sigaction *)NULL);" to flashserver's new
routine (not really knowing what I was doing, just guessing) and now I get
"Pd: signal 2".

Can somebody please explain to me what these numbers mean and (if possible)
what I have to add to flashserver to prevent it from calling Pd's
sys_exithandler()....?!

thanks,
Olaf