[PD-dev] regression tests

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Apr 29 20:53:35 CEST 2003

So one of the things that Miller said that is necessary before putting the
pd sources into CVS is a suite of regression test.  Since there is already
development going on, I think that we should start developing regression
tests.  I think this could be done by creating patches that do a lot of
things, then output a text result.  Then a Makefile could run them using
pd -nogui to test them.

I am motivated by the fact that pd devel_0_36 from CVS has some
key bugs in it on my Linux box.  There are two clear demonstrations of the
problems: the first is that the bold border around a message doesn't go
away after I click on the message.  All of the message I click get stuck
with this bold border around them.  Also bangs stop displaying after
displaying once.  And the second problem is demonstrated by maxlib's
[velocity].  When I use it with the CVS pd, the only thing it outputs is
"nan".  When I reverted to the "pd" package using apt-get, all of the
above problems disappeared.  When I get more time, I can do a thorough bug
report if anyone is interested.

.hc

	zen
	   \