[PD-dev] compiling individual debs

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Apr 30 09:51:23 CEST 2003

Hallo,
guenter geiger hat gesagt: // guenter geiger wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> > But with fix you just submitted, plus compiling and installing fluidsynth
> > from source, it compiles now.  It would be nice to be able to compile
> > pd-externals .deb without having to install fluidsynth, but I can live
> > with commenting out things to make it work.
>
> Yes, but the question is if we can live with it :)
>
> I have been thinking more than once about splitting the "externals"
> directory and provide a set of independend externals. I'm not sure though
> ..

In the case of fluidsynth, this would make sense. I talked about this
with Peter Hanappe ad the LAD-conference, who proposed pitting fluid~
into the fluidsynth-CVS, but then we would have a dependency of
fluidsynth to Pd so nothing gets better. fluid~ might be one of those
cases, where the dreaded "1 external packages" makes sense.

ciao