[PD-dev] regression tests

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Apr 30 10:55:05 CEST 2003

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> I am motivated by the fact that pd devel_0_36 from CVS has some
> key bugs in it on my Linux box.  There are two clear demonstrations of the
> problems: the first is that the bold border around a message doesn't go
> away after I click on the message.  All of the message I click get stuck
> with this bold border around them.  Also bangs stop displaying after
> displaying once.  And the second problem is demonstrated by maxlib's
> [velocity].  When I use it with the CVS pd, the only thing it outputs is
> "nan".  When I reverted to the "pd" package using apt-get, all of the
> above problems disappeared.  When I get more time, I can do a thorough bug
> report if anyone is interested.

Strange, which debian version are you using ? (actually sid comes with
the CVS pd version because of the jack support, same with the Planet
CCRMA package).

Either the problem is specific to your system or the bug has been
introduced recently.

regarding 2)

Yes regression tests would be a good thing, but it is unlikely that
you can write a regression test that catches the bugs you mentioned.

Anyhow, the first big task that has to be done in CVS now is
to merge with 0.37.

Greetings,

Guenter