[PD-dev] [arraysize] in PD

pix pix at test.at
Wed Apr 30 13:24:40 CEST 2003

i think it's not so much a matter of arraysize being strictly _necessary_,
it's just that when you are throwing these floats around to keep track of
the array size yourself, it seems a little silly because you know that
this information is readily available inside pd. pd isn't doing any extra
work to keep track of the information arraysize is giving out, it's just
sitting there, without a decent interface to access it from patch-space.

on the otherhand, people should probably get out of the habit of resizing
arrays liberally, since it's a time consuming thing to do during
performance ;)

pix.