[PD-dev] Re: [PD] 0.37 test 4 - receive vs CVS/Pd extended

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Sun May 4 10:37:49 CEST 2003

> Now that the majority of the usability enhancements have gone
> "mainstream," (yay! thanks, Miller!) I see little reason to make Mac
> users use a forked version. I'll do what I can to help make sure
> installation is easier, but I don't see a pressing need for a full distro
> for the CVS version. Thoughts?

Yes, Miller, also thank you very much for including pd_newest... it's a
great help for playing with dynamic object creation.

The only thing that i'm still missing is some thread-safety for the clock
functions.
I know that my implementation in the devel_0_36 is problematic because a
second thread can hold the system thread with the thread mutex.... hmmm, it
would be interesting for how long.... the code insinde the mutex is really
_very_ short, but is there some time granularity associated with mutex
locking/unlocking? Don't know...

best greetings,
Thomas