[PD-dev] knob and 0.37test4

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu May 8 15:00:05 CEST 2003

Hallo,
Olaf Matthes hat gesagt: // Olaf Matthes wrote:

> I haven't tried 0.37test4 myselfe yet, but it seems the function iemgui_list
> has been removed or renamed. knob borrows a lot from Pd's internal functions
> (which are not intended for public use).
>
> I'm posting this to the list, Frank should know that the new Pd version has
> introduced an incompatibility with knob. I guess the knob code needs to be
> fixed for all platforms.

I didn't test knob with 0.37 yet (I need to run with jack-support on
my notebook), but this "iemgui_list"  bug is known, as it occured with
0.36 earlier. Just uncomment or delete the function "static void
knob_list(t_knob *x, t_symbol *s, int ac, t_atom *av)" fixes it. I'd
recommend to use the knob-code from CVS, though.
(externals/footils/knob or in the build-system) I fixed one or two
other bugs there as well.

There still are several more, for example the dial resets if you move
the mouse, but as this knob mostly is a cut-and-paste external-hack I
simply don't grok all of the code ;(

If a tcl/tk-guru can help out here, it would be more than welcome.

ciao