[PD-dev] [GEM] cvs

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Fri May 9 21:32:14 CEST 2003

On Fri, 9 May 2003 zmoelnig at iem.at wrote:
> unfortunately i am not sure, whether the only use of [pix_rgba] is for
> conversion into "native" colour-space.
> sometimes i really like having an alpha-channel....

I was thinking the "native" colorspace is with alpha channel, but with
yuv this is not the case, as I have heard.
(In the film example pix_rgba was used to convert from RGB to RGBA,
which I thought is a bit strange).

Yes the alpha channel is quite nice in several circumstances ..
will this be lost on OSX when there is no pix_rgba ?

Guenter