[PD-dev] sf.net (was: [PD] pure-data.org)

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Thu May 15 12:36:24 CEST 2003

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Krzysztof Czaja hat gesagt: // Krzysztof Czaja wrote:
>
> > great news, Frank and Guenter, thanks!
> >
> > If possible, I would go in with the 4 libraries hosted here
> > (cyclone, xeq, vex, and toys).  Since these share common code,
> > they might need gathering under an umbrella directory, like
> > Thomas' (in any case, better make the tree after some thinking
> > -- hate those zombie dirs in cvs...)
> >
> > Hope this sounds ok to you.  If so, I will make the import next
> > week.
>
> Now *this* is great news. Just go on. Only Guenther will have to add
> you as a developer there, unless he already did.

Yes, great, you just have to register with sourceforge and send
me your login name.

I do agree that it pays off thinking about the structure (although
you can hide these empty directories with "-P", their pure existance
somewhat is a pain ).

About the umbrella directory. I think if the projects are related
(more than just having the same author) then it makes sense to put
them under your directory, otherwise I personally prefer a per project
approach.

But its more a feeling than any technical requirement, so do
as you want to.

Greetings,

Guenter