[PD-dev] An Iterator object

Michael McGonagle fndsnd at rcnchicago.com
Thu May 29 05:43:25 CEST 2003

Hello all,

I am looking for an object that will create any number of "embedded"
iterators. The best analogy would be having a bunch of embedded "for"
loops, like this:

for (i = i_init; i < i_limit; i += i_inc)
     for (j = j_init; j < j_limit; j += j_inc)
         doSomething();

I have created an abstraction that acts as a single loop, and I am using
"until" to control the loops iterations. I would like to be able to not
use "until" as this forces a restriction of making sure that all
operations be performed within the same "time-interval" as all others. I
would like to be able to send a single bang to the "top of the loop",
and have it output the next set of iterators. For example

[iterator 0 10 1 100 1000 100]

banging on the iterator would produce the follow excerpt:

      0 100
      0 200
      ...etc
      0 1000
      1 100
      1 200
      ...etc

Is there an external that does something like this?

Thanks,

Mike