[PD-dev] devel_0_37 branch

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Mon Jun 2 16:04:26 CEST 2003

Hi Günter,

> I just opened the devel_0_37 branch on CVS. There are not too many
> differences between Millers version and this one.

great!

> If an important feature is missing (some of Thomas threading stuff ??)
> please let us discuss it.

Well, at least it's important for me, because in my externals (and i think
to recall also in Olaf's) the clock functions are used for
inter-thread-communication. For this to work reliably they have to be
thread-safe. I think that this is the only possibility for threads in PD to
communicate with the real-time-system.
I implemented the necessary things in devel_0_36, so i would like to know if
anyone had problems with it (like timing hickups, deadlocks, clicks etc.). I
use this version on a regular basis and haven't encountered problems lately.
Therefore, it would be great if we could merge it into the devel_0_37
branch.

best greetings,
Thomas