[PD-dev] devel_0_37 branch

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon Jun 2 18:20:13 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> guenter geiger hat gesagt: // guenter geiger wrote:
>
> > - configure.in checks for tcl/tk headers again (this is needed for Debian
> >   mainly).
> > - the tcl/tk 8.4 patch
> > - JACK support as s_audio_jack.c (until jack support works in portaudio)
>
> First: thanks a lot for your effort.
>
> I still am not successful, though.
>
> I get this error when trying Jack 0.71 (Debian unstable) after a fresh
> checkout of Pd:
>
> $ pd -jack
> reading startup file: /home/freak/.pdrc
> Testing for Jack
> could not attach as client (duplicate client name?)
> could not attach as client
>
> There is no pure-data running else.

Strange, I tested with jack 0.50 and 0.71. on two machines and it worked
on both (notebook and desktop with SBLive). Furthermore I did not really
change anything in the code.
Clueless up to now.

> > A last thing, Frank , you said ALSA does not work on 0.37, but it should,
> > because there is still native ALSA support.
>
> ALSA with devel_037 works in principle, but gives wrong sounds. The
> test patch sounds very distorted and also the sine frequencies are
> wrong.  I'm using a Delta Audiophile...

Is this with some special setting. I have the problem that you described
with the nasty startup sound too, but then it works.
Again no idea.
I could port the modified alsa version from 0_36_devel to 0_37_devel,
maybe this helps.

Thanks for the feedback anyhow.

Guenter