clock function thread safety - was Re: [PD-dev] devel_0_37 branch

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 3 00:27:05 CEST 2003

I think it's fine to have DSP and pollgui, etc., in the same thread
(I hope to improve the relative scheduling of real-time and graphics
by queueing graphics updates but am stuck at the moment on that.)
It seems to be emerging that on most systems at least, setting separate
threads for audio computations doesn't actually improve real-time performance.

cheers
Miller