[PD-dev] jack and pd question

vanDongen/Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 3 16:28:35 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I am working on some jack-utility externals, to make and query port
connections from within pd. If the jack-folks decide on the transport API I
will add controls for that too.

My questions:
In jackified pd, what is run inside the jack process callback.
My externals don't do any audio processing, and get their own jack-client id,
so they can be run with the -noaudio flag. But can they be run in pd _with_
jack-audio, or do I need to make them multi threaded for that?
They will give problems if run _inside_ the process callback.

regards

Gerard