[PD-dev] defining a widget behavior (GUI externals)

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Wed Jul 23 20:38:30 CEST 2003

> > Or, perhaps, having a clear view on what is the best way, would
> > you be willing to code your proposal into the cvs?
>
> It might be worth a try, thats what the CVS is for.
> If its good there are chances that Miller takes it directly from
> there ...
> (Still have to ask him though if this way of contributing fits or
> is to troublesome for him) ..

I'm a bit reluctant with contributing really experimental stuff to the cvs
for it might break PD (and i think a number of people are using the devel
branch regularly)
Should we make extra branches for these things or is it ok to directly
commit to the devel branch?
Normally i have all these changes locally at my machine for at least a few
weeks until i commit them....

One example of a dangerous PD modification that i want to try is the
splitting of the one dsp chain in multiple ones (one for each main patcher),
so that the signal tree gets smaller and the chances of click-free
rebuilding of the tree are higher.
It is a definite goal for me to achieve completely click-free loading of
patchers, e.g. with building the DSP tree in the background and then
inserting it on the fly when finished. Has anyone made attempts in this
direction?

best greetings,
Thomas