[PD-dev] Gem/MarkEx now in pd-externals

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Jul 31 00:43:45 CEST 2003

I just finished integrating the MarkEx objects from Gem into the
pd-externals CVS.  These are objects from GEM which don't have any
dependencies besides libc and are generally useful.  What I moved is
the entire contents of Gem/src/MarkEx except [hsv2rsb] and the vector
lib.  [hsv2rsb] depends on some Gem functions.  The vector lib could be
included as well, but it would be non-trivial to make those objects
into single files, so I left it. [abs~] is now in creb and [reson~] is
now in cxc, so I didn't include those.  Also, all of the objects have
been separated into one file per object.  You can find these in
externals/markex.

Hopefully they will be removed from Gem since they are now a part of
the pure-data CVS.  Also, this solves a few name conflicts: [average]
with maxlib, [counter] with cxc and cyclone, and [change] with pd.  I
have renamed all of these using gem_ as a prefix, i.e. [gem_average]
and included them.

I compiled them under Linux and MacOS X, and will try to compile under
Win2k later tonight.