[PD-dev] Pd 0.37 test 7 and cvs devel_0_37

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Sat Aug 2 17:41:50 CEST 2003

Hi Miller, hi all,

During my tests with the new version i realized that in s_audio.c, function
sys_get_audio_apis the variable n is not intialized
Also, in s_audio_pa.c i can only correctly compile (for Windows) if at line
20 the equivalence is not defined for MSW.

I also realized (and that is bad for my stuff) that the widgetbehavior
structure is no longer prefilled with default functions. Do you plan to do
more changes here, e.g. introduce functions to inherit behavior or change
only specific entries of the struct?

I merged in version 0.37 test 7 into the devel_0_37 branch of the cvs ( hope
i didn't break anything... there were a lot of changes...), and also added
some of my stuff from the devel_0_36 branch:
- thread locks with unlocking at idle time (functions sys_lock, sys_unlock,
sys_trylock)
- soft quitting using the sys_quit flag of the scheduler loop  (non-exported
function sys_exit)

These features have proven to work realiably with my setup (under Windows)
in daily work. It would be great if they could be incorporated into the
mainstream PD distribution.
(Miller, is already asked this, but what is the reason that exit() is used
to terminate PD instead of cleanly exiting the scheduler loop using the
sys_quit flag?)

best greetings,
Thomas