[PD-dev] devel_0_37: widgetbehavior, garray dirty flag

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Tue Aug 5 13:03:01 CEST 2003

hi Thomas,

Thomas Grill wrote:
> However, it's not clear for me how the cloning of the original gobj behavior
> differs from defining a whole behavior struct for a graphical object (which
> is considered to work for GOPs). Could you please elaborate on this?

the point is that, if a text object, due to a specialized savefn
or propertiesfn, has its wb cloned (by whatever means) or defined
from scratch, it is being visible on-parent, while it should not
be.  In other words, it is treated as a graphical object, while we
want it to be handled as a text object.

>>Besides, the long-term goal should be for externs to include only
>>m_pd.h -- g_canvas.h is declared unstable.
>

> This implies that all graphical objects are unstable.....

true... this is something I have been reminded about many times,
after installing several Pd releases... so the goal is, at least,
to narrow dependencies on g_canvas.h.

> If you could implement that i'll happily use it....

I would like to know Miller's opinion first...

Krzysztof