[PD-dev] cvs devel_0_37 SIMD usage

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Wed Aug 6 16:19:32 CEST 2003

Hi all,
i made some more changes to the devel_0_37 branch:

- if in d_ugen.c VECTORALIGNMENT is defined, all signal vectors will be
aligned to the specified bit alignment.
- coded some of the more important (and easy to do...) dsp functions for the
Intel SSE instruction set: the functions include sig~, +~, -~, *~ and
zeroing/copying routines. At the moment this is VC++/Windows only.
    The cpu usage for the FFT/pvoc example drops from about 25% to about 20%
on my old PIII-800 with ugly SDRAM memory. I except an even better speed
improvement for P4 with RDRAM/DDR memory.

best greetings,
Thomas